International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications

IJSRP, Volume 10, Issue 8, August 2020 Edition [ISSN 2250-3153]


An analysis of clinical waste management system in a tertiary care hospital
      G.S.P Ranasinghe, W. K Wickremasinghe, P.W.C. Panapitiya
Abstract: Waste generation is un-avoidable in Hospital, 85% is general waste and remaining 15% is hazardous materials. Types of wastes generated are infectious waste, pathological waste, sharps waste, chemical waste, pharmaceutical wastes, cytotoxic wastes, radioactive wastes, non-hazardous or general waste. Life Cycle Approaches (cradle to grave) of waste management are waste avoidance, waste minimization, segregation, collection, transportation, storage, treatment and disposal. A qualitative study was done to analyze the waste management at a tertiary care hospital in Sri Lanka. High-income countries generates hazardous waste on average up to 0.5 kg of per hospital bed per day, while the average hazardous waste generation in low-income countries is 0.2 kg per bed per day, whereas in this study waste generation was 0.276 kg per bed per day.

Reference this Research Paper (copy & paste below code):

G.S.P Ranasinghe, W. K Wickremasinghe, P.W.C. Panapitiya (2020); An analysis of clinical waste management system in a tertiary care hospital; International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications (IJSRP) 10(08) (ISSN: 2250-3153), DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.29322/IJSRP.10.08.2020.p10436
©️ Copyright 2011-2022 IJSRP - All rights reserved. Use of this web site signifies your agreement to the terms and conditions.