International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications

IJSRP, Volume 3, Issue 7, July 2013 Edition [ISSN 2250-3153]


Performance appraisal of Agricultural Market Committees in India–Data Envelopment Analysis Approach
      E.S.V. Narayana Rao, A.A. Chari
Abstract: Efficient performance of Agricultural Market Committees(AMCs) is considered to be the sine quo non for the economic development of an agrarian country like India. Though the number of AMCs have been steadily increasing in India, still the farmers are being exploited by one form or another in transacting the agricultural commodities. In view of this, several apprehensions and concerns were raised fearing about the performance of AMCs in discharging the regulatory provisions for efficient transaction of agricultural commodities. Various enactments have been formulated by Government from time to time to revamp the agricultural marketing system in the country and presently, Model act 2005 (The State Agricultural Produce Marketing (Development and Regulation) Act, 2005) has been under implementation. In this context of exploring the agricultural marketing system with a farmers ended approach, the present paper aims at analyzing the performance appraisal of AMCs in Telangana region of AP in India through Data Envelopment Analysis(DEA) approach. The analytical findings revealed that 59% of selected DMUs are being operated at Scale Efficiency <1. The remaining 41% DMUs are being operated at constant return to scale(CRS) and this directs the Government to continue the existing support even in the future.

Reference this Research Paper (copy & paste below code):

E.S.V. Narayana Rao, A.A. Chari (2018); Performance appraisal of Agricultural Market Committees in India–Data Envelopment Analysis Approach; Int J Sci Res Publ 3(7) (ISSN: 2250-3153). http://www.ijsrp.org/research-paper-0713.php?rp=P191518
©️ Copyright 2011-2022 IJSRP - All rights reserved. Use of this web site signifies your agreement to the terms and conditions.